RULES FOR USING COMPUTER STATIONS
· Users must sign in at the desk before accessing the Internet.
· Use is limited to one hour per day, for any individual. You may stay on the computer longer with staff approval.
· Users must disconnect from the Internet at the end of their session, collect and pay for all printing.
· This is a quiet area. No more than 2 people at a time may use a computer.
· Use of the Internet for activities that violate local, state, or federal law is prohibited.
· Illegal activities or unlawful purposes include but are not limited to:
· Hacking, harassing or invading the privacy of others, attempting to degrade the network or disrupt its performance or security, viewing pornography, sending “spam” or unmasking for advertising of any kind, intentional propagation of computer viruses, violating use of copyrighted works without authorization, committing fraud, using the network for commercial purposes, and violating other communication laws.
· Users may not use chat rooms unless for reference and research purposes.
· PRINTING COST…. $.25 per page
· Patrons who need to Download or Save information, must purchase a virus free blank CD or storage device from the circulation desk.
· BLANK CD…$1.00 & FLASH DRIVE…$10
USERS MAY NOT:
· Install, delete, or modify library hardware or software in any way.
· Download software from the Internet onto the library’s computers.
· Use the network to make unauthorized entry into other computational, communication, information, or services or resources.
· Make any attempt to damage computer equipment or software, degrade or disrupt network.
· Misuse library computers or other resources and equipment.
· Use chat rooms unless for reference.
· Use network for commercial purposes.