Youth Services Specialist
Come join our team and help make the Wayland Free Library a place for community members to engage in delightful experiences.
- 15 hours a week with the possibility of increased hours
- Some nights and weekends
- $13.20 per hour
The Wayland Free Library seeks an energetic and caring Youth Services Specialist to develop fun, interactive programs and services for youth (birth to 18 years) and their caregivers. The ideal candidate should enjoy learning and be open to new ways of doing things. An adaptable, friendly, and creative individual would best fill this position.
Examples of Duties:
- Create programs for children and teens birth to 18
- Present storytimes at the Library and at off-site locations
- Attend training to update skills
- Assist patrons
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- Passion for libraries, learning, and our community.
- Ability to make people feel welcome
- Previous experience working with children
- A large degree of comfort with technology
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Willingness to constantly learn new skills
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume, and three references to Library Director Hope Decker firstname.lastname@example.org by December 10th